- Students and teachers reversed roles recently in St. Vincent’s when management and staff were treated to a delightful public speaking event where various works of art were presented and discussed by 4th and 5th year students.
- Works by world famous artist Pablo Picasso were discussed alongside some of Ireland’s most renowned international artists including John Behan, Paul Henry and Cork’s own Dorethy Cross.
- Pupils were competing against each other to win a place at the Cork Regional Final of ‘Art - iculation’, a nationwide public speaking initiative supported by Lismore Arts Educational Programme.
- Participating students included Emma Yelverton Casey (First Prize), Olivia Guinane (Second Prize), Anneka O’ Donoghue (Third Prize), Patricia Douanla, Rebeccca Thomas, Chloe Daly, Ellen O’ Shea and the introduction was given by Natalie Morris.
- Presentations were of a very high standard and it proved to be a very close competition.
- Well done to everybody!
- Congratulations and best wishes to the winner Emma Yelverton Casey from Ms. J. Neill (Art teacher) and from everybody at St. Vincent’s as Emma now prepares to represent the school at the Cork Regional Final of ‘Art – iculation’at the Crawford Art Gallery on March 8th next.
I was very proud of myself talking in front of so many people. It was something I did not think I could do. I am happy I faced my fears. Patricia Dounanla
I learned a lot about the pieces my classmates presented and about their opinions on art. I was very proud of them. Emma Sheehan
I was happy I did it because it built up my confidence. Olivia Guinane