During our ‘Focus on Study Week’ (November 9th -13th ) each exam student participated in a Study Skills Seminar. These seminars highlighted the importance of motivation, gaol setting and the importance of good study habits for students. Students also received advice on issues such as: making a study timetable to assist in the period ahead and how to make the most of study time.
All subject teachers provided pointers and advice on the structure of the examination papers, best practice with regard to answering the examination questions and they also highlighted examination technique.
We would be delighted if you could support us in our work in the weeks ahead.
How Can Parents Help?
The following are a few tips which you may find useful:
- Ensure that your daughter is on time and in school everyday.
- Ensure that your daughter has a daily routine with regard to completing her homework.
- Ensure that time is allocated each night (where possible) to revision of two or three different subjects.
- Ensure that a quiet study area in the home is available to help your daughter make the most of study time.
- Ensure that your daughter is eating well, has sufficient rest and is maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
- Encourage your daughter to make full use of her School Journal for recording homework, revision and study tips. Indeed the School Journal also provides valuable information on study advice.