- No doubt about it, zooming around on the ice – whether indoors or out – is a fantastic way to embrace the winter and get some exercise at the same time. Forty five students from St. Vincent’s took to the ice recently and without exception all had a great time.
- Ms. J. O’ Sullivan PE teacher has included this activity in the school’s Physical Education Programme. Ice Skating helps to improve balance through fun and positive exercise. It is easy on the joints because it is low impact and improves coordination. Ice skating can be a real confidence booster and a real exhilarating feeling can be experienced.
- You don’t always need a frozen lake to enjoy ice skating as many major cities have indoor ice rinks that allow you to enjoy the activity even if it is 100 degrees outside!
And what was the student verdict?
- It was a lot of fun! Renee Kelly Collins
- I was terrified but with practise I got better and I loved it. Weronika Chwastek
- It was like a new way to walk. It was so much fun. I want to do it again! Beatrise Zemite
- It was great. It really increased my confidence. I had a great time. Megan Walsh
- I would recommend it to other students in the future. Nikita Chambers O’ Sullivan