St Vincent's Secondary School
Guideline Procedure for the safe return to school for the academic year 2020/2021.
These guideline procedures will be updated regularly and the most recent version will be available on the school website at www.stvincentscork.com
Procedures in School 2020/21
In accordance with Reopening Our Schools. The Roadmap for the full return to School as published on 7th August 2020.
On return to school, students are advised to have the following:
● Face mask or Clear Visor (disposable masks or clean cloth reusable mask(s), Visors).
● Zip-lock plastic bag to hold mask when not wearing
● Packet of Tissues and sanitising wipes
● Small bottle of hand sanitiser
● Bottle of water
● On arrival at school students will enter the building using one of three regular entrance points.
● Students will wear their face coverings and sanitise their hands upon entry using gel dispensers.
● Students will go directly to their classroom and practice social distancing.
● On entering each classroom students will again sanitise their hands and sit in seats where physical distancing measures have been applied.
● Classroom doors have been pinned back to avoid the need for students to touch door surfaces.
● Each student will clean their desk at the end of each class before moving onto the next classroom. Teachers will supervise this at the end of each lesson.
● Students are advised not to share paper, pens or other materials with each other.
● If students must use the bathroom during class, they must get permission from their teacher.
● Students should remain in their seats until the end of class.
● Students will remain with their respective year group at each break time.
● This will be supervised by the teacher(s) on duty and it is also vital that social distancing is maintained during the course of the break.
● Hand sanitising stations will be located around the school and upon entrance to each classroom
● Students should ensure that they hand sanitise on entering the classroom
● Students should ensure that they wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water after using the toilet facilities and also before and after each break time.
Returning from abroad
● Students returning from abroad (excluding those countries currently on the Green List) must complete a two-week isolation period and should not attend school. This protocol will remain in place until the D.E.S./H.S.E. advises otherwise.
Parents/ Guardians visiting the school
● A visit to St Vincent’s Secondary school by a Parent/Guardian should only occur when absolutely essential and contact must be made with reception (021-4307730) prior to your arrival.
● For example: to collect an unwell student; to collect & bring a student to an appointment or to drop in a lunch. If a student forgets a schoolbook or copy these items do not need to be brought to school by a parent or guardian.
● Students who display symptoms of COVID 19 should not attend school and their parents/guardians must inform the school in advance.
Follow us on Twitter